Dating for herpes positive

it's not likely you contracted hsv2 from her from 2 encounters.

dating for herpes positive-74dating for herpes positive-24dating for herpes positive-48

With 1 out of every 4-5 adults having hsv2 in the US, it's really not the drawback you are envisioning it to be. I obviously don't have as much depth of knowledge in this subject, and my (incomplete, inaccurate, internet based) research seems to tell me the stats are 5% risk to 15% risk (depending on the site, source of stats etc). If I know I have it, I'd feel obliged to disclose it.

Chances are good that it would result in rejections, which can hurt, or just limit me.

If you think you are willing to chance it, then by all means be honest with your partner about that too and work on growing the relationship :) grace anytime you date it can lead to rejection.

Sometimes it's because you don't dress "right", sometimes it's because you don't make "enough" money, sometimes it's because you have 4 kids from a previous relationship and their mom has some serious "issues" that she thinks the whole world should have to deal with and other times it's because you told someone you have genital herpes.

I totally know what it's like to be in your situation (in multiple ways---considering a relationship with a HSV2 person, being in a statistical unique position when it comes to dating). Sometimes it's because you don't dress "right", sometimes it's because you don't make "enough" money, sometimes it's because you have 4 kids from a previous relationship and their mom has some serious "issues" that she thinks the whole world should have to deal with and other times it's because you told someone you have genital herpes.

However, I can safely say that giving up this relationship based on a small skin irritation below the waist will be something you'll likely regret, especially if both she's such a intellectual, ethnic, religious match. It's what dating is all about - getting to know someone and deciding if you can deal with their baggage or not.But yeah, I suppose it's important to differentiate 'miniscule' from 'low', and 1% is 'miniscule'. You've obviously thought through the issues.... Pls allow me to add my two cents worth: To let something as minor as HSV2 (cold sores below the waist) to prevent you from engaging in a meaningful relationship with this woman is absolutely crazy.If you were to contract it from her (which you are statistically unlikely to but nevertheless a possibility), and the relationship ends, yes, this might cause slight problems in starting new relationships.Of course, I could choose not to get tested in the future, and be like many other adults... Grace - I understand this is a medical awareness forum, and less of a social discussion forum. You think I'll have a 96% chance of not contracting (or 4% chance of contracting), and I think I'll have a 5-15% chance of contracting.Are there other internet forums where I can discuss this type of a question, and perhaps find other people to talk (metaphorically, I mean email) with that might have faced a similar question/dilemma in their lives? I obviously don't have as much depth of knowledge in this subject, and my (incomplete, inaccurate, internet based) research seems to tell me the stats are 5% risk to 15% risk (depending on the site, source of stats etc). If I know I have it, I'd feel obliged to disclose it.I'm also getting tested myself again just to check that I'm not already HSV2 positive - again I understand the national statistics of 25% incidence and there is a good chance I have it and don't know about it. but it doesn't help me create a good decision framework for the question, 'do I continue seeing her or not'. For the next 3 days while I'm waiting for my own test results, I'm not likely to share this decision framework with her. So taking a chance on her now might not work out very well for me in the long term if this relationship doesn't pan out (and I'm unlucky and catch it -but considering our chemistry, I expect there will be significantly above average freqency of sexual contact...). Do I go with the bird in hand, or move on (and hurt a decent person in the process)...

Tags: , ,